Terms and Conditions
Last updated: May 2, 2021
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before registering for our event.
1. Authority to Register and/or to Act as Agent. You represent and warrant to The Pittsburgh Chess Club, Inc. that you have full legal authority to complete this event registration, including full authority to make use of the credit/debit card or PayPal account to which registration fees will be charged. In addition, if you are registering third parties, you represent and warrant that you have been duly authorized to act as agent on behalf of such parties in performing this event registration. By proceeding with this event registration, you agree that the terms of this Registration Agreement shall apply equally to you and to any third parties for whom you are acting as agent.
2. Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). You represent and warrant that, in compliance with COPPA, you are over thirteen (13) years of age, and that if you are registering a child under fourteen (14) years of age you are the parent or an authorized agent of such child, and do hereby consent to the collection of such child’s personal information by The Pittsburgh Chess Club, Inc..
3. Once a player begins play in the first round, no refund, full or partial, will be considered. A player who withdraws before the first round is paired is entitled to a choice of:
i) A refund minus $15 service charge
ii) Using the full fee as a credit toward future Pittsburgh Chess Club.
4. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. The Pittsburgh Chess Club, Inc. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM (A) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE PittsburghChessClub.org website OR (B) FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR (C) RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH PittsburghChessClub.org website OR (D) RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE, EVEN IF PittsburghChessClub.org website HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF PittsburghChessClub.org website IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. PittsburghChessClub.org website IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. The Pittsburgh Chess Club, Inc. EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
The Pittsburgh Chess Club, Inc. makes no warranty that the PittsburghChessClub.org website services will be uninterrupted, secure or error free. The Pittsburgh Chess Club, Inc. do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information in, or provided in connection with, the PittsburghChessClub.org website. The Pittsburgh Chess Club, Inc. is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of such information. You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the PittsburghChessClub.org website is at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
5. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold each of The Pittsburgh Chess Club, Inc. and their officers, board of directors, and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of PittsburghChessClub.org or the violation of any term of this Liability Waiver or the PittsburghChessClub.org website Terms of Service by you.
6. Applicable Law; Consent to Jurisdiction. The PittsburghChessClub.org website (excluding linked website(s)) is controlled by The Pittsburgh Chess Club, Inc. from their offices within the State of Pennsylvania, United States of America. By completing this event registration, both you, and The Pittsburgh Chess Club, Inc. agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Pennsylvania, without regard to the conflict of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to this event registration, this Liability Waiver, or other use of the PittsburghChessClub.org website. You agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with PittsburghChessClub.org website resides in the courts of the State of Pennsylvania and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Pennsylvania in connection with any dispute including any claim involving The Pittsburgh Chess Club, Inc. or their affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers and content providers.
7. Severability. If any provision of this Liability Waiver shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Liability Waiver and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.