March Online Invitational
March 27, 2021 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pm EDT
The Pittsburgh Chess Club is proud to host the 2021 March Online Invitational. This tournament will be USCF rated Online-Quick — it will not impact your over the board ratings.
Schedule | Format | Prize Fund | Eligibility | How to Play | Byes | Rules | Fair Play | Contact | Registration
Prize Winners | Standings | PGN Files
Saturday, March 27, 2021
Tournament Rounds (EST): 9:30am | 10:15am | 11am | 11:45am | 12:30pm
Format: 5 Round Swiss System
Time Control: Game/15 (Each player starts with 15 minutes on their clock)
Screened for Fair Play
Sections: one Open section
Pairings: Based on the latest US Chess rating supplement for OTB or ONL Regular. The higher rating will be used for pairing purposes. Pairings will be posted on a Google Sheet and shared with all players.
Prize Fund: $75 guaranteed.
- $50 – 1st Place
- $25 – 2nd Place
- Prizes are paid out after fair play review has been completed, and results are finalized.
- Prizes will be distributed to winner’s designated PayPal account or to their physical mailing address.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing prize checks.
- Per IRS rules anyone with a cumulative $600+ prizes in any calendar year will need to fill out a W9 and The Pittsburgh Chess Club will be providing a 1099 form.
- Players must be invited to the tournament.
- Players must be US Chess Federation members and membership is current. Expiration date of membership must be later than the day of the tournament.
- Not sure of the status of your US Chess membership? Visit: new.uschess.org/player-search
- You can become a US Chess member (or renew your membership) here: new.uschess.org/join-us-chess
- Players must have a Chess.com account in good standing. Any previously closed account must be disclosed to the Tournament Organizer by sending a confidential email to [email protected].
- If you do not have a Chess.com account, you can easily set one up from this page.
- Your chess.com account can be affiliated with our chess.com team/club on this page, but it is not required. We regularly host free tournaments.
How to Play
- A welcome e-mail will be sent out before the tournament that explains all the details for how to play in the tournament, including the Zoom meeting ID and any URLs/links necessary to play. Be sure to provide a correct email when registering for the event.
- Players must be logged in to chess.com AND stay on chess.com/live at the start of the round and wait for their game to appear on the screen.
- Games are MANUALLY STARTED by the Chief TD and will automatically pop up for every player. White's clock will automatically start, and games will NOT be aborted due to no move.
- Players who are late to enter chess.com for their tournament will miss the event and will not be refunded.
- Players must NOT engage in any other play (game, challenge, other touranment).
- For players who would like to interact with each other, they can do it through Discord. Please connect to our Discord server via: https://discord.gg/QkxKk88R
- Byes are available for players in any round in case they can't participate but would like to stay in the tournament.
- Maximum 2 half-point byes can be requested in this tournament.
- Round 1-4 byes must be requested 15 minutes prior to the round start time.
- Round 5 bye must be requested before the start of Round 1. Round 5 bye is irrevocable to prevent prize fund manipulations.
- Standard US Chess rules apply, with special focus on the Chapter 10 Online Chess rules.
- Forfeit time is 15 minutes: if player is not logged in 15-minutes after the game has started, the opponent will be awarded a forfeit win.
- Please see our Rules for Chess.com Online Tournaments
- Use of computer chess engines, databases, chess books, magazines, written notes and any other form of external assistance while playing is strictly prohibited. Assistance from other players is also prohibited and will result in disqualification as well as further sanctions as laid out by Chess.com’s User Agreement and Policy rules.
- All games played in our Online US Chess rated tournaments will be analyzed using Chess.com’s sophisticated anti-cheating tools. Such analysis will include, but not be limited to, comparing moves played to the recommendations of various engines.
- Players suspected of violating the Fair Play rules may: 1) have their results and any prize eligibility canceled, 2) be banned from future play on Chess.com, 3) be banned from future events both online and over the board, and 4) be reported to the US Chess Ethics Committee, leading to possible suspension of US Chess membership.
Please email [email protected]lub if you have any questions.
- Entry Fee: $5 (after applying invitation coupon code)
- Discounts for Club Members who are Passed Pawn and Bishop Pair rewards status will be honored.
- Administrative Fee: $5 for all cancellations & refunds.
- Refund checks will be sent through mail.
- Online registration closes 90-minutes before the tournament starts.
|1||Gabriel Petesch||1st Place||$12.50|
|2||Kevin Carl||1st Place||$12.50|
|3||Jeffrey Quirke||1st Place||$12.50|
|4||Boyd Reed||1st Place||$12.50|
|5||Edward Dean||1st Place||$12.50|
|6||Kenneth Harper||1st Place||$12.50|
|#||Name||ID||Rating||Rd 1||Rd 2||Rd 3||Rd 4||Rd 5||Total|