May 17 @ 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm EDT
Join us for some Blitz!
Schedule and Location
Tournament Rounds: Starting Tuesday, 6:30PM EST, May 17, 2022
Location: The Pittsburgh Chess Club, 5869 Forbes Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Capacity: There is a maximum capacity of 32 players. It is recommended to register early.
Parking: There is street parking, parking lots, and a parking garage available.
Format: 4 double round Swiss System
Time Control: Game/5 delay 0 (Each player starts with 5 minutes on their clock)
Sections: There is one Open section
Pairings: Pairings will be based on the May 2022 US Chess rating supplement (see Ratings below). The highest rating will be used for pairing purposes.
Ratings: All players must be current USCF members to play in this tournament. Players can purchase or renew USCF memberships in conjunction with entering the tournament. To see membership options, details and dues or to purchase or renew memberships directly online, click here: https://new.uschess.org/become-member. Membership dues are non-refundable even if the tournament is cancelled or the player withdraws. All games will be USCF-rated. Official USCF ratings will apply as listed below in order of priority:
- USCF Blitz
- USCF Quick
- USCF Regular
- USCF Online-Blitz
- USCF Online-Quick
- USCF Online-Regular
Pittsburgh Chess Club reserves the right to assign any player to a higher-rated section based on the player’s rating history. Any player who does not have any of the USCF ratings listed above will be entered as an unrated player.
- $350 prize fund based on 20 players
- 1st Place – $90, 2nd Place – $60, Top U2000 – $40, Top U1800 – $40, Top U1600 – $40, Top U1400 – $40, Top U1200 – $40
- No winner shall receive more than one cash award (Rule 32B1).
- Unrated Players are ineligible to receive Under-rated prizes.
- Prizes will paid on-site by check. If a prize is not collected, it will be transferred to winner’s designated PayPal account (if provided) or the check will be sent to their physical mailing address.
- Per IRS rules anyone with a cumulative $600+ prizes in any calendar year will need to fill out a W9 and The Pittsburgh Chess Club will be providing a 1099-MISC form.
- Players must be current US Chess Federation members.
- Players do not need to be Pittsburgh Chess Club members, but there is a discount on entry fees
- No half-point byes allowed –please plan to play all rounds.
- Standard US Chess rules apply
- Use of computer chess engines, databases, chess books, magazines, written notes and any other form of external assistance while playing is strictly prohibited. Assistance from other players is also prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- The electronic score keeping devices, ChessNoteR and eNotate, cannot be used at this tournament
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions. Or call (412) 421-1881.
- Advance entry is encouraged to be assured of a place in any section
- PCC Member Entry Fee: $24.
- Non-PCC Member Entry Fee: $30 Advance, $35 On-Site
- Online advance registration closes at 5:30PM, Tuesday, May 17th
- On-site registration will be available 5:30PM – 6:15PM, Tuesday, May 17th
- All players (including advance entries) must check-in with the Tournament Director during on-site registration. Failure to check-in could risk automatic withdraw from the tournament.
- Commitment to play paired rounds: All players who have not withdrawn or requested a BYE prior to the start of each round pairing will be paired and expected to play in that round -regardless of their results. A player will be forfeited if he or she does not arrive at his or her assigned board to play a scheduled game before the expiration of the default time, which is the lesser of the time control or 60 minutes. Once a forfeit occurs, the player is automatically withdrawn from the event, unless they pay the appropriate forfeit penalty fee.
- Forfeit penalty fee: $10
- Administrative Fee: $10 for all cancellations & refunds. Refund checks will be sent through mail.
- Players must agree to our COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgement and Release
Pittsburgh Chess Club has designed our Blitz Tournaments to be compliant with current covid-related requirements. Based on guidance from the PA Department of Health and the CDC, we have listed the requirements most pertinent to this tournament:
- If any player shows symptoms of sickness or fever, their tournament entry will cancelled and fully refunded
- We will be providing hand sanitizer and and latex gloves to any player who wants them
Prizes. May Blitz 5-17-2022: Open
|#||Name||Cash||Non-cash prize||Prize credited to pool|
SwissSys Standings. May Blitz 5-17-2022: Open (Standings (no tiebrk))
|#||Name||ID||Rating||Rd 1||Rd 2||Rd 3||Rd 4||Rd 5||Rd 6||Rd 7||Rd 8||Total|
powered by Advanced iFrame free. Get the Pro version on CodeCanyon.